Improving Habitat and Ecological Restoration Through Landscaping
Ecology-minded people can think of many ways how they can improve and restore any kind of habitat. Most gardeners always set up a well-organized and well-maintained habitat for a balanced life cycle in their bioscape.
1. Landscape a wildflower garden. Make a well-designed landscape that creates a great coordination of colors. This will make the garden more beautiful with little work to set up the design and can be created with little expense. Wildflowers grow easily and they support the insects that make them ovulate.
2. Utilize the wildflowers by maintaining the bioscape. The benefit is that this is taking care of the insects. Birds that eat seeds like quails, gold finches and doves find wildflowers attractive.
3. Make a bioscape that will provide food for birds and other seed eating species. Always protect the nesting areas of the birds that have laid eggs. Some species and insects find their food on fruit producing plants. Look for plants that will bear fruits to sustain the supply of food needed by these species.
4. The covering is important for the protection of the species present in the habitat. This will prevent against predators from entering the bioscape. Place a net on the nesting areas of the birds to protect the eggs from warblers and thrashers.
5. Take care of the butterflies that make the garden more attractive and decorative. Butterflies are a beautiful sight to watch when they flit around the garden. It is not only the beauty they bring, but they pollinate plants, which in turn helps in restore the cycle of life in the bioscape.
6. Choose plants that can satisfy the needs of the garden. There are plants that need sunlight and some that will not survive in a sunny spot. Find a spot where plants can be exposed to 4 - 6 hours of direct sunlight. The garden setting should make all the living species adapt easily.
Provide water to moisten the soil. Most butterflies do not drink from water containers. Instead, they drink from the moisture in the soil. Look for a variety of plants that will attract different kinds of butterflies that will beautify your bioscape. Lists of plants that butterflies like are readily available.
7. These are recommended tips to provide balance and continuity of life in a bioscape. The ecological restoration is very important in preserving the beauty and life in a habitat.