Number of Words: 459
Choosing A Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Selecting a rhinoplasty surgeon is a challenging task to do. This is because there are several national organizations where skilled and certified medical professionals band together to offer the public a safe place in finding a competent and trust- worthy physician depending on the specialized field.
Here are five essential guidelines in making a final decision as to your choice of a rhinoplasty surgeon:
· It is a good idea for your rhinoplasty surgeon to be board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This is a plus factor on your end as a patient because it indicates three aspects: the surgeon have had extensive plastic surgery practice, graduated from a reputable medical institution and finished five years of general residency.
· The rhinoplasty surgeon should have privileges to perform the operation at an accredited hospital. This is an indication that he or she is duly recognized by either a public or private medical institution. With this, you will have an option as to performing the surgery in the doctor's clinic or at the accredited hospital.
· It may be a good idea to choose a rhinoplasty surgeon who has training in ear, nose, throat and cosmetic surgery. It goes to show that his or her scope of knowledge and history of study is not just limited in concentrating on a single aspect. This really helps especially when there are complications that you want to be consulted. You need not go to another and explain all over again what has had happened.
· You may want to consider choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon who makes the 'nose job' part of his or her major practice. Remember that there are some who are just into breast augmentation, liposuction, body contouring, facelift or botox treatment. It ends up that doing the 'nose job' is only a side- dish of their main course. It means to say that they are not totally experts in that aspect. In addition, one who has carried out many rhinoplasty surgeries has have had more time in perfecting their methods.
· Ask your rhinoplasty surgeon to show you before and after photos of patients who have undergone their operation. Even if it is your first- time to encounter that physician because it was just recommended to you by a friend or found his or her credentials more than capable enough as you browsed through the internet, it is still a wise move to do so. At least you now have an idea what are the results of his or her performance in the past operations. It is good to be sure with that because you might forget that rhinoplasty is permanent.
Bottomline is, make the choosing of a rhinoplasty surgeon a huge consideration.